Why Do Products Melt in the Heat?
Our natural, organic products do not contain these synthetic ingredients, making them sensitive to temperature changes.
The melting problem starts after leaving our shop- just like shops who make and ship fine chocolates in the summer months! During very warm summer months, some products may soften or even melt during their travels or after their arrival while sitting in a hot mailbox or on a warm porch. Since melting is a natural reaction to heat, and we have no control over the shipping conditions, please understand we can not be responsible for melted products.
It is best to place the entire package or individual products in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours, before opening jars or tins.
The quality and healing properties are not affected by melting.
What we are doing to help the problem
- We use more protective packaging in the heat of the summer
- We place ice packs in each package
- We take them to the post office on specific days
- Whipping adds tiny air bubbles (just like whipping cream) that lighten the density, change the texture, and increase the size. Making the butter light and fluffy.
- If a whipped product melts, the air bubbles collapse, so the volume is decreased.
- So even though the jar was filled to the top with the whipped product, once the butter melts there will be less volume in the container, but it's still just as dense.